Counselling, or psychotherapy, is the process of working with a client(s) to find hidden solutions. There is a good explanation available here and an explanation of different types of counselling here. The good news is that there are always answers - we just have to work to find and use them.
- Practice areas include depression and personal growth, in addition to parenting and relationship issues.
- Therapy can take place with individuals, couples, or families in the office or online.
- The office is located in the neighbourhood of Canyon Meadows, in Calgary's southwest.
- Sessions often occur weekly until the chosen goal has been met, but this is a decision made between the individual client and therapist.
- Reaching the goal may take from 5 to 20 sessions, each usually lasting 50 minutes
- The regular session rate is $90 (by cash or cheque). If this fee is sincerely a financial burden, we can discuss making a change acceptable to both parties. Such discussion should be initiated as soon as possible.
- Payment is solely the responsibility of the client - not insurance, nor any third-part payor. Not all plans reimburse for marriage & family therapy. This list includes some which apparently do but it is the responsibility of clients to make sure.